When people hear that learners is sitting with
their phones in the classroom working on their devices the first thing that
they would think is what is the learner learning in the classroom? As they
state in the article the learners are busy on Facebook or Twitter. What is
still unknown out there is that social media is connecting with the classroom.
Social media has turned into a resource in the classroom. It is giving the shy
introvert learner the chance to raise their voice and give their opinion. If they
are shy and don’t want to engage in the classroom they can do so on social
media. social media is seen as
an alternative way to communicate. In
the articles I came across useful applications that I can use for my curriculum
studies which is English and Life orientation.
One of the
application they talked about in the article was Remind. I saw this app as an
ideal tool to inform the learners about their homework or their prescribed
readings that they have to do for English.
This year I was introduced to twitter I always knew there was an app. Twitter but I did not
know what it was used for or even how it worked until this year. It opened my
eyes to see what I can do with it in my curriculum studies. With Twitter I can
share some of the ideas that I get online directly onto twitter thus the
learners can just follow the link to read up on a particular topic. The
learners can engage with me with the work via twitter and ask questions using a hashtag therefore all of the students in the English class grade 9 for instance can see the questions and
answers and it might help them as well.Twitter gives us a platform to interact
with the work through the virtual world.
Blog: One of my
curriculum studies is Life Orientation and one of the outcomes is careers. The
learners can use the blog to write about their experience as they do job
shadowing or even if they have to do research about their career they can blog
about it and people can give their input on the learners blog. The learners can
connect their twitter account with the blog and interact with the virtual
world.
No comments:
Post a Comment